This Chicken Feet soup or Chicken Foot Filipino Soup is the best soup you’ll ever taste. This is not just your ordinary soup, because chicken feet consists of tendons, skin and cartilage that is rich in gelatinous collagen. According to studies collagens helps to make you look younger in skin, hair and nails. So start making this collagen soup a habit.
This Carribean soup is also famous in Jamaica, which is also known as Chicken Foot Soup. Yes.. thats how they call it (in singular term). This recipe is an original carribean soup recipe adapted for Filipino style cooking. It is so easy and best ever tasting soup you’ll ever try!
CHICKEN FEET SOUP
½ Kilogram chicken feet (cleaned and trimmed)
2 chicken stock broth cubes
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 green lakatan bananas, sliced (or any type)
5 small taro/gabi (in jamaica coco/eddoes)
2 medium sweet potatoes (kamote)
1 tablespoon veg oil
1 large onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 scallion, chopped
4 sprigs thyme (dried thymes is ok too)
2 cups diced squash/pumpkin
salt (taste and adjust accordingly)
2 birds eye chili/labuyo (scotch bonnet peppers in jamaican)
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 Sweet corn, sliced (optional)
1. Clean the chicken feet and chop off the toes where the nails is. Prepare to peel and chop the vegetables.
2. Peel, cut into bite size pieces (uniform size if possible) and wash. Soak the prepared vegetables in a bowl covered with water to prevent from discoloration.
3. In a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat and saute garlic, onion, chopped scallion and thymes.
4. Adjust the heat down to low and let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Then add the cleaned chicken feet to the pot. Adjust the heat to med-high.
6. Pour in about 4-6 cups of hot water to the pot and let it boil.
7. Adjust heat to medium or rolling boil and remove pot cover for about 25-30 minutes.
8. Next, add all the other ingredients, bring back to a boil and let cook for another 25 minutes or so (add more water if needed so everything is covered). Season with salt only if needed, adjust to your taste preference because the broth cubes is already salted. During the cooking process you may need to skim off any floating scum or residue.
9. Before turning of the heat, the goal is to make sure the chicken feet is very tender and the vegetables are so tender and they’re starting to dissolve in the soup. This will also thicken the soup nicely.
10. Add the thai red chili peppers in the soup ‘whole’ and try not to break it. We want the flavor of the pepper and not the raw heat.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Chicken Feet Soup recipe
Chicken Feet Soup instant pot
Chicken Feet Soup stock
Chicken Feet Soup mexican
Chicken Feet Soup chinese
Chicken Feet Soup broth
Chicken Feet Soup benefits
Chicken Feet Soup collagen
Chicken Feet Soup nutrition facts