This Adobong Pusit Dampa Style recipe is super duper delicious! It’s the secret recipe of Dampa restaurants. Simple and quick to cook. It will tell you how to achieve a super tender pusit with a very thick black sauce. Happy cooking!
How to prevent your squid from being rubbery? It only takes about 2-3 minutes for squids to cook. So make sure that you don’t overcook your pusit (squid) or it will turn like hard rubber when overcooked.
ADOBONG PUSIT DAMPA STYLE
1 kilogram fresh pusit/squids, (bigger squids have more inks in them).
½ cup toyo
½ cup suka
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb ginger (luya), chopped
2 siling haba (long green chili pepper)
patis, to taste
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
green onions, chopped
(no water needed)
1. Preparation (Collect the Ink): Wash the squid under running water then drain. Prepare a ceramic bowl for the ink. Pull the head and the tentacles, remove the ink sac, its a “plastic-like filament” inside each body (nasa dulo). Push it out like a toothpaste. For additional ink, slice the tentacles under the eye and squeeze out extra ink underneath. Puncture the ink sac in the bowl to collect all the inks together. Set aside.
2. In a pan or wok, heat oil to saute garlic, onions, luya and siling haba. Let it cook until fragrant.
3. Add pusit, ink, vinegar and soy sauce. Do not stir and bring it to a boil. Do not cover pan and remove pusit immediately once it boils. Set it aside in a platter for the meantime.
4. Continue to cook the sauce in the pan and add 1 tbsp sugar. Keep stirring the sauce until it becomes thickened. See photo below:
5. Once the sauce is thick, add back the pusit and quickly mix it well to combine with the sauce about 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat immediately. Garnish with chopped green onions. Share and enjoy!
6. Your squid are absolutely tender and so delicious just like the Dampa Adobong Pusit! Added with green onions garnish, the smell is so divine. Its better than dahon ng laurel.
Serve and enjoy. Happy cooking!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
- Adobong Pusit at baboy
- Adobong Pusit ala dampa
- Adobong Pusit at baboy recipe
- Adobong Pusit ala dampa recipe
- Adobong Pusit ingredients and procedure
- Adobong Pusit recipe and procedure
- Adobong Pusit sweet and spicy
- Adobong Pusit with a twist
- Adobong Pusit with ata
- Adobong Pusit with ampalaya
- Adobong Pusit with alamang
- Adobong manok at pusit
- Authentic Adobong Pusit Recipe
- Adobong Pusit Best Recipe
- Adobong Pusit by panlasang pinoy
- Adobong Pusit baboy recipe
- Adobong Pusit black ink
- Adobong Pusit bicol style
- Adobong Pusit batangas
- Adobong Pusit black