One of my best loved dishes is Pork Binagoongan, this recipe version is sauteed in tomatoes or with kamatis. Tomatoes will make your binagoongan slightly reddish in hue. Try it, its delicious!
Pork Binagoongan with Kamatis
1 kilogram Pork belly
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoon Bagoong alamang
5 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Red onion (finely chopped)
2 pieces large Tomato (chopped)
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 pieces Bay leaves
1 siling haba (green chili pepper)
Freshly Ground Pepper
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry the pork until brown on all sides. Drain from oil and set it aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté onions and garlic until fragrant and onions become transparent and soft.
3. Add in the slices of tomatoes and stir fry until tomatoes becomes soft in texture.
4. Place back pork into the pan and add vinegar, siling haba, bay leaves and water.
5. Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes or more until liquid is reduced.
6. Add in the bagoong and sugar continue to stir until well incorporated and it becomes saucy.
6. Then season with some ground pepper. Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!