Who wouldn’t want a crunchy deep fried onion rings! One of my favorite appetizer. I always buy this at Burger King whenever I order a whopper meal. You can also match it with your favorite crispy fried chicken, hamburger or french fries. Serve it with delicious dipping sauce like mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, hot sauce, sour cream or cheese sauce. Yum yum yum!
Onion Rings Filipino Style
2 large onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1 medium egg, beaten
1 cup milk or water, (as needed)
Cooking oil for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer 185°C
2. Split up the sliced onion into individual rings, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir it well.
3. Roll the onion rings into the flour mixture until each rings are well coated; set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg, add milk (little by little portion) and add the remaining flour mixture using a fork to make a thick batter. Mix it well.
5. Plunge the floured rings into the batter to coat and transfer place on a wire rack. Let it drain until the batter stops dripping.
You may place the wire rack over a sheet of aluminum foil to lessen mess.
6. In a wide bowl, scatter the bread crumbs and place each rings one at a time. Sprinkle the crumbs on top, cover up the ring with crumbs to coat. Slightly press it down and tap it to let the crumbs cling very well to the onion. Continue to do the same for the other onion rings.
7. Deep fry the rings in small batches at a time for about 2-3 minutes (until golden brown). Transfer into a bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. Season with salt. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
- Onion Rings Filipino Recipe
- Fried Onion Rings Filipino style
- How to Make Onion Rings Filipino Style
- Filipino Onion Rings
- Onion Rings dip philippines
- Onion Rings recipe Filipino style
- Filipino Onion Rings recipe
- How to cook onion rings Panlasang Pinoy
- Easy Onion Rings recipe Panlasang Pinoy
- Fried Onion Rings Panlasang pinoy
- Onion Rings ingredients Panlasang Pinoy
- How to make Onion Rings Panlasang Pinoy
- Onion Rings Panlasang Pinoy Recipe
- Burger King Onion Rings price Philippines
- How to cook Onion Rings Filipino Style
Photo by @khairulaming