These Mango Habanero wings are sweet and fiery.. Extra crispy and super super hot. You can’t just get enough so make sure to cook a large batch for everyone.
Mango Habanero Wings
12 pcs chicken wings
1 lemon, sliced to squeeze juice
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
For the Mango Habanero Sauce:
7 Habanero Peppers, remove stems and seeds
3 Ripe Mangoes
½ Cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water
¼ Cup White Distilled Vinegar (or any white vinegar)
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp Onion Salt
¼ Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cornstarch + ¼ Cup Cold Water (slurry)
Ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional)
1. Wash and clean chicken wings. Pat dry with paper towels after. Squeezed some lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.Transfer wings on a baking sheet and freeze quickly to dry a bit more.
2. Prepare the Habanero puree:
In a blender or food processor, blend the Habanero Peppers & Mango into a puree. Set aside.
3. Cook the sauce:
In a regular pot, add in 1 Cup Sugar & ½ Cup of water. Stir to dissolve the sugar and bring it to a boil and adjust to low (simmer).
4. Then add in corn syrup and stir well. Add the Habanero Mango puree, vinegar to the mixture and let this combination reduce. Then add in your slurry and continue stirring over low heat until thickened and become a glaze. Set aside.
5. How to cook Chicken Wings:
Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (175°C). Roll each wings lightly with cornstarch, and shake off excess. Place 5 to 6 wings in the hot oil; fry until golden brown and crispy, about 8 minutes.
6. Transfer wings on a paper towel to absorb excess oil; Do the same process until all wings have been fried and drained from excess oil.
7. Transfer wings in a large container. Add half the sauce over the wings and cover the container. Shake the container until all wings are coated with the sauce.
8. Continue adding the remaining sauce until all chicken wings are completely coated.
9. Serve immediately with carrot and celery sticks and dressing of choice. Serve and enioy!