Skip to content
Fried to crispy to perfection, absolutely delish with matching spiced vinegar dip. Or you may also dip it in sweet and sour sauce, whichever way you want it. Just perfect!
Lumpiang Sotanghon (Vietnamese Style)
- 2 cups Sotanghon noodles, soaked in water then drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts/togue
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, remove stem and julienned
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ¾ cup water
- 1 broth cube (shrimp flavor)
- 10 pcs lumpia wrapper
- cooking oil for frying lumpia
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add bell pepper and carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add in drained Sotanghon noodles, water and shrimp broth cube. Let it simmer until sotanghon is cooked through.
- Toss in the bean sprouts and cook for additional 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the Sotanghon filling has lightly cooled off, get 2 tablespoon of the filling and start wrapping in lumpia wrapper.
- Wrap and seal each lumpia tightly. Freeze it for about 10 minutes to set.
- In a pan, heat oil and deep fry each lumpia until crispy and golden brown. Serve hot and crispy with your favorite dipping sauce. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- Dipping sauce of choice: spiced vinegar, Szechuan sauce, sweet & sour sauce or peanut sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: