These Garlic Chicken Barbeque, doesn’t just looks delicious.. but it taste even better. Simple ingredients and yet the taste is very Filipino Style. Happy grilling!
Garlic Chicken Barbeque
- 6 pieces chicken, preferably thigh part
- 5 cloves of fresh peeled garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a lemon, juice extracted
- 1 piece of finger chili (siling haba), deseed and minced
- ½ teaspoon of cilantro, minced (wansoy in Tagalog – available in any sm supermarket)
- Ground black pepper
- In a small pan, sauté garlic in little olive oil and let it brown a little. Let it cool and set aside. Once cool, minced or grate it. Your goal is to squeezed the garlic juice into the chicken.
- Add the grated garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, finger chili, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken and pat to dry. Make small slits in the meat for better marinating.
- Add the chicken to the garlic-mayo mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about 2 hours to let the flavors fuse in the chicken meat.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill about 5 to 10 minutes for each side, or until slightly brown and the juices runs clear.
- Remove from heat and transfer into serving dish. Serve. Enjoy!
- Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic barbeque chicken.