Skewered Cardava Bananas or Banana Que in caramelized sugar. All time favorite afternoon snack of Filipinos. My favorite Filipino street food! Banana Plantains fried in tons of brown sugar!
16 pcs. semi ripe/ripe saging na Saba, peeled (cardava banana)
1/2 cup brown sugar + extra sprinkle
3 cups Vegetable cooking oil
1. In a large wok over high heat, add cooking oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add the bananas. Let it fry for about 2 minutes or until they become slightly color brown.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar and let it melt first in the oil without stirring. Once the melted sugar floats atop and starts to caramelize, start stirring the bananas to coat with caramelized sugar.
3. Continue to simmer the oil and keep stirring until the bananas are fully coated with caramelized sugar.
4. Sprinkle more brown sugar as you stir. Turn off heat once done and do not overcook.
5. Transfer in a strainer to drain excess oil.
6. Start to skewer bananas in a bamboo stick before they totally cool down. Do the same for the rest of the bananas.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by @estifanis29