Have you tried Whole Egg Leche Flan yet? It is so creamy, soft and delicious. A very ideal flan for business too because you are able to use all the eggs and you can save more. The taste is not even different from the pure yolk leche flan!
Whole Egg Leche Flan Recipe
1 ½ cups sugar
1/3 cup water
6 large eggs
1 can big condensed milk (300ml)
1 can large evaporated milk (370ml)
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon lime rind, (or ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind, or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1. Prepare steamer if using a steamer or, preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) , if using an oven.
2. Boil sugar and water in a small pot to caramelized sugar or just until until it turns amber in color. Pour the caramelized sugar into prepared molds (llanera). Set aside.
3. In blender pitcher, pour sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and rind into the blender. Place cover and “blend” for 10 seconds until a uniform mixture is achieved. Or if you have an electric hand mixer that’s also good to use.
4. Strain the mixture at least 3 times until you got rid of some impurities from the eggs and the bubbles have diminished (If you want a flawless flan).
5. Pour the flan mixture into individual llanera. Use a spoon to gently pop up any stray bubbles on the surface or just scoop it away. Cover each llanera with aluminum foil and arrange in the steamer.
6. Prepare steamer with water and bring it to a boil. Steam it on low heat. Cover steamer and steam for 30-45 minutes for large size llanera, and 1 hour for XL. Steaming time may vary, so you may check with toothpick test 10 minutes before it reach 30minutes. Over cooking your flan (prolonged steaming time) may turn it into scrambled egg texture. So make sure to use low heat and do a toothpick test.
7. If you prefer to use an oven, you need to cook it in “bain marie” by placing the molds in a deep baking pan and pour hot water until halfway through the mold. Bake it in the oven for about 35 minutes.
8. Once the flan is cooked remove from heat. Let it cool at normal temperature and chill the flan in the fridge first for at least 2 hours or overnight before unmolding. The flan will break apart if you don’t let it set in the fridge first.
9. Once chilled, run a knife along the side of the molds and gently invert the flan into a plate. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.