More often than not, these chicken feet are just thrown away and some people are not yet accustomed in eating these feet. These Chicken feet are a part of the chicken that is eaten in some countries like China, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, South Africa, Peru, Mexico, Philippines and Vietnam.
Did you know that eating Chicken Feet can also help you look younger, plus many other health benefits? According to studies, chicken feet contains lots of collagens. These collagen substance is one of the requirement to have better skin elasticity. These collagens may help you look young and beautiful. –Delishably
So with that said, I hope you enjoy this Chinese food recipe it’s very tasty delicious. Happy cooking!
Chicken Feet in Black Bean Sauce
- 1-1/2 kilograms chicken feet
- 2 tbsp chinese black bean
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 thumb ginger sliced into small strips
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 fresh Red chilli (chopped)
- 2 cups cooking oil, for deep frying
- Prepping the Chicken Feet: Prepare all your ingredients. Start with the cleaning of chicken feet. Chop off the tip of fingers and nails with a knife. (you may also chop the handle or ankle part of the foot, leaving just the foot palm and fingers)
- Peel off the skin by dipping the chicken feet first into hot water. Wash and drain the chicken feet. One by one squeezed out the water that was absorbed by the feet. Make sure to remove all excess water. Then use a paper towel to pat it dry one by one.
- Deep Frying the Chicken Feet: In a deep pot (do not use a pan or wok), add 2 cups of oil and brown the chicken feet for about 5 minute. Just make sure to place a pot cover and wear a gloves to avoid oil splatters. Drain oil and set aside.
- Cooking Chicken Feet: In a pressure cooker, heat some oil to sauté garlic and ginger. Sauté until brown and fragrant.
- Add in the chicken feet, oyster sauce, Chinese black beans. Give it a stir to incorporate the sauce, then add water. Start the timer, when the pressure cooker starts to whistles for about 20 minutes.
- (If pressure cooker is not available, just cook it in a pot with cover and let it cook until the chicken feet is tender. This may take a long time to tenderize and if the water dries out, you may need to add more hot water.)
- How to safely open the pressure cooker: Once done, place the pressure cooker under hot water, this is to release the pressure on top of the cooker. When the steam button is release, you may open the pressure cooker.
- To make the sauce: Now place it back to the stove. Over low heat, add the brown sugar, corn starch + water mixture, and the green onions. Stir for about 5 minutes until the sauce gets thicken. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot, topped with red chilies & spring onions garnish. Enjoy!