Yummy Asadong Pusit or Squid Asado. Another unique home cooked meal for your family. Easy to cook and budget friendly.
Swak na swak sa petsa de peligro. Happy cooking!
SQUID ASADO RECIPE
½ kilograms squid/pusit, clean and remove ink (sliced)
2 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium Carrot, chopped
1 cup Baguio beans, sliced in slant
1 Bay leaves (laurel)
1 pack Tomato sauce (200g)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Long green chilis/siling haba (or red chillies)
1 ½ tbsp sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, Heat oil and pan fry carrots until it cooks through. Drain from oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil to saute garlic, onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper until soft and fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, bay leaves, pan fried carrots and Baguio beans. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer after for about 5 minutes.
- Add in squid, long green chilis (siling haba) and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes only (Do not overcook squid so it doesn’t become rubbery in texture).
- Add the chilis once the squid is cooked. Season with salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and transfer into a serving plate. Enjoy!