Homemade Pretzel buns or rolls, made from simple yeast dough. Kneaded, boiled and baked into a soft and extra chewy buns. So yummy with your favorite burger!
Yield: 18 pieces
1 ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
¼ Cup Baking Soda
½ Tsp Instant Yeast
½ Tsp Salt
sesame seeds (optional)
1. Boil ¾ Cup water and let it stand to warm for about (120ºF / 49º C). (Warm to touch)
2. Soften the unsalted butter at room temperature. Do not melt, just let it soften at normal temperature. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, instant yeast, and salt. Add unsalted butter.
4. Keep whisking and gradually add warm water. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
5. Slice the dough into small 2 oz (57g) balls.
Then transfer each dough balls onto a lined cookie pan. Cover the tray (with dough) with plastic or clothe and let it rise for 1 hour. (Keep it inside a turned off oven to avoid air.)
6. In a large pot, add in water about half way full and bring it to a boil. Slowly, stir in baking soda. In batches, drop the risen dough balls in the water and boil each side for 30 seconds.
7. Place the buns back on the cookie pan.
8. Beat an egg in a separate container. Brush the pretzel rolls with egg wash. Then add sesame seeds on top.
9. Preheat oven to 425º F (218º C), Bake the pretzel rolls for 15-18 minutes.
Reminder: Heat of oven may vary, so always check the color of your buns and trust what you see in your oven.
Happy baking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.