Are you dreaming of a creamy luscious white sauce lasagna! This recipe is just the perfect lasagna recipe ever. Perfect for the coming Holiday feast. Happy cooking!
DELICIOUS LASAGNA RECIPE
1 kilogram minced steak or ground beef
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 onions chopped finely
10 tomatoes peeled and chopped
2 pack of Tomato Paste (115 grams/pack)
5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
½ a teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
2-3 tablespoons of sugar (very important)
1 box of Lasagna (no boiling needed)
Delicious White Cheese Sauce:
150 grams of butter (about ⅔ cups)
1 cup cake flour (100 grams)
1 tablespoon of corn flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of fine black pepper
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of mustard powder (alternatively dijon mustard)
1½ litres of warm to hot milk
1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated (final toppings)
minced fresh parsley, garnish
1. In a large pot heat the oil and add the onions, fry for a few minutes until golden brown, next add the garlic, salt, pepper, herbs and tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Now add your minced steak. Cook for another 10 minutes, next add a cup of warm water and on medium heat cook mince stirring occasionally – after 20 minutes add another cup of warm water and simmer for 10 minutes and your done. Set aside.
3. For delicious white cheese sauce:
Add butter to a medium sized pot and allow to melt on medium to high heat, now add the flour, corn flour mixed with half a cup of warm milk, salt and spices and stir into butter with a hand whisk for a minute or two to allow the flour to cook through.
4. Now add your milk a cup at a time stirring with your whisk until the sauce thickens.
5. Repeat this process with adding the warm
Milk and stirring continuously until all the milk has been used and your sauce is silky and a bit thick. Add your grated mozzarella cheese at this point and stir until all cheese has melted.
6. Now layer the lasagna dish first with mince mixture, lasagna sheets, mince mixture, cheese sauce, lasagna sheets, mince mixture, lasagna sheets and remaining cheese sauce on top.
7. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and black pepper. Let the unbaked Lasagna rest for about 10-15 minutes before baking.
8. Bake on 190°C for 40 – 45 minutes. Allow to set for 15 minutes before serving.
9. Note – make sure your meat sauce and white sauce have enough liquid to allow pasta sheets to cook while baking .
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.