After eating some heavy kind of food, this tomato egg drop noodle soup is for the win! It is a light and yummy soup with noodles. Kids will definitely love it.
Tomato Egg Drop Noodle Soup
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 white onion, chopped
1 inch ginger, julienned
3 Large tomatoes, sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 ½ cups Chicken broth (or stock)
1 tsp soy sauce
⅛ tsp White pepper
½ tsp sesame oil (garlic oil or chili garlic oil)
Patis (fish sauce) or Salt to taste
1-2 Large egg, beaten
1 stalk cilantro, garnish (spring onion/green onions)
1. Cook the misua noodles separately so it doesn’t overcook and turn bitter. Boil the misua noodles for 2-3 minutes. Strain and remove the misua noodles before they become too soft. Transfer to individual serving bowls. Set aside.
2. In a pot, heat oil, sauté garlic, ginger and onions over medium heat for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and let it cook until tender.
3. Pour in chicken stock, soy sauce, white pepper, and salt. Cover pot and let it simmer for about about 5 minutes.
4. Adjust heat to low, and then pour in egg and let it cook for a minute. Turn off heat.
5. Pour soup over noodles, drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with chopped fresh herbs like cilantro or spring onions.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.