This Seafood curry is definitely a must try! Cooked with assorted seafood like squid, shrimps, and fish fillet. You can even add more seafood variety like scallops and clams. For this recipe I used Filipino style curry but you can also use Thai curry paste or any other curry paste available to your area. Happy cooking!
Seafood Curry Recipe
- 200g Creamy Dory fish fillet, chopped into squares
- 200g medium-sized shrimps, trimmed and head removed
- 10 pieces mussel (tahong), scrubbed and debearded
- 200 grams squid, cleaned and sliced in rings
- 1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in wedges
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch (for fish fillet coating)
- 1 ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pcs dried chilies, sliced thinly (optional)
- 400 ml fresh coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 small bell pepper (red or green), cut in wedges
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cooking oil for frying
- fresh basil or cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- Wash and clean squid, remove head, ink bag and remove outer skin. Slice into rings and set it aside.
- Soak mussels in water, wash and clean in cold running water to remove dirt and sands. Scrub it if needed. Drain from water.
- Slice fish fillet into 1-inch squares. Coat with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large non stick pan, heat enough oil over medium to low heat. Fry fish fillet for a minute until coating becomes lightly golden brown. Drain from oil and transfer into a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside
- Next fry the carrots and let it fry until it becomes tender. Drain from oil and set aside.
- Reduce oil and add shrimp to the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds or until slightly pink in color. Do not overcook. Remove cooked shrimps and set aside.
- Sauté chopped onions, ginger and garlic and dried chilies until fragrant. Cook until garlic is slightly brown. Add curry powder, paprika and cook until powder is incorporated.
- Pour in coconut cream. Add carrots, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper and stir to combine. Add mussels and bell pepper. Let it cook until mussel starts to open. Stir it often over low heat until the coconut milk starts to thicken.
- Quickly add in squid rings, shrimps and fried fish fillet. Continue to simmer over low heat for a few seconds only. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro or fresh chopped basil upon serving.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Featured photo in this recipe is © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipe