Who doesn’t love a good Red Velvet Cupcakes this coming Mother’s Day. Send her some love and gratitude with Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream cheese frosting (recipe included). Happy Mother’s Day to all the mother’s out there. Let celebrate! Happy Baking..
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Plain white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 3 ⅓ cup of powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare cupcake paper liners in cupcake tin or tray.
- For the Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, sift the flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix it well.
- For the Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, whisk butter, oil, buttermilk, cocoa, red food coloring, egg and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until well-combined.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Fold it with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour in batter evenly among cupcake liners, and bake in middle of oven about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once done, let it cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Pipe Cream cheese frosting on cakes with your favourite design and sprinkle red cake crumbs on top for that red velvety feel. Happy baking!
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on high until fluffy add sugar salt milk and vanilla beat slowly to incorporate the powdered sugar then beat on high speed till light and smooth.