This Flan de Mango leche condensada is so perfectly smooth and creamy! This is my dream flan dessert with slices of fresh mangoes on top upon serving. Its the perfect dessert for holiday, birthday, baptismal and any special occasion.
Remember that you may use any container, for parties you may use small ramekins or even small size laneras. The smaller size container will take less time to bake or steam. Normally 10-15 minutes.
I have also included the steamer procedure if in case you want to steam it instead. Happy baking and enjoy!
FLAN DE MANGO RECIPE
2 cups pureed mango
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon rum (optional) or vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk
6 eggs, beaten
1 pinch salt
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Bain Marie:
- Prepare a large, shallow baking pan with about 1 ½ inches hot water. Set aside.
- Caramelized the sugar: In an 8 inch round baking pan over medium-low heat, mix the sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until caramelized. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend in mango puree, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, rum, evaporated milk, eggs, and salt. You may use a hand mixer to make it smooth in texture or if not available you may also use a blender.
- Pour in the flan mixture on prepared baking pan with sugar caramel. Place the baking pan on the bigger baking pan with little water. We call it steam bath or Baine Marie baking.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 175°C, or until firm. To ensure if it’s done in the center, always do a toothpick test before removing it from the oven.
- Once done, let it cool first on a wire rack. Then, transfer inside the fridge to set for about an hour. After one hour, your flan can be turned over to plate without any flaw or tarnish on the side.
- Garnish with fresh slices of mangoes upon serving. Enjoy!
For Steamer User:
Prepare a large pot of water, and bring water to a boil. Place the baking pan a steamer rack. Cover baking pan with foil to prevent water drippings. Place the steamer rack on top of the boiling pot of water, cover pot. Steam it for about 1 hour over low heat or until firm. After an hour, check it with a toothpick inserted in the center. Its done if it comes out clean.