Make breakfast delicious with this classic recipe of French Toast. If you have a bourbon in the pantry you may add a teaspoon or two for that level up flavor and aroma it gives (just optional though). You may cook it in non stick pan, griddle, oven or even in an oven toaster. Happy cooking and enjoy your breakfast!
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
6 pcs 1″ thick slices brioche or challah, or from a nice pullman loaf (A day old bread)
4 large eggs
2 cups milk (or all purpose cream or half-and-half or almond milk)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup light-brown sugar
1¼ teaspoons cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Confectioners’ sugar/Powdered Sugar (garnish)
Maple syrup, (garnish)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the following ingredients together eggs, half-and-half, bourbon, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until they’re all combined and the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place bread in a single layer in a 13×9 inch tray or wide plate. Pour the wet mixture over the bread, and let soak for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Heat a large non stick pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter or oil.
4. Cook each slice of bread for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown over low heat.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
If cooking in batches, place cooked French toast on a wire-rack-lined sheet tray and keep warm in a 90°C oven until ready to serve.
You may also add 2 tablespoon bourbon to the french toast mixture for some added delicious kick of flavor and aroma. But this is just optional.