Filipino Style Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe you can make for your kids “baon” in school. Back to school recipe ideas! Here are some add-on ingredients and ideas to level up your egg salad sandwich: You may add slices of avocado, a teaspoon of relish or pickles, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard or you also add bacon bits. Yum yum yum! Enjoy!
EGG SALAD SANDWICH
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, add 2 cups of water and add pinch of salt. Gently add in the 7 eggs in water over medium-low heat. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off and remove from heat. Remove from water and wash eggs in running water to cool down. Once cooled, start peeling the hard shell off of each eggs.
- Chop each egg to fine diced eggs. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ince you achieve the perfect taste, add in the rest if the ingredients to the mayonnaise.
- Lay down two slices of bread, spread egg salad on one side and sandwich it. Repeat the same procedure to serve desired yield.
- Store excess egg salad in clean sterilized bottle with cover and store inside the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy!