This Potato Salad is super yummy! With Tuna flakes in spring water and bacon drippings. The combination of pineapples, pickles and dijon mustard was just right to the taste bud. I love it! You may also add boiled eggs and slice it into cubes if you like. Way better actually!
If Dijon Mustard is not available, its ok to not to include it in the recipe. Its randomly available in SM supermarket. I was lucky enough to find a small bottle in the mustard and mayonnaise section. Been looking for it for ages and the supply is not restock regularly though.
POTATO SALAD WITH TUNA AND BACON
- 6 potatoes, (3 large, 3 small)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 4 tbsp sweet pickle relish,
- 2 cans tuna chunks in springwater
- 500g Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise (red label)
- 1 medium can pineapple tidbits (800g)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- spring onions for garnish
- 200 grams bacon, fried and chopped into small pieces
- Cook and boil potatoes, carrots in pot for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat or until tender. Drain water from potatoes and carrots. Then set aside cool. Once cool, peel and sliced into cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare tuna in can and drain water. Shred it into pieces by mashing it with fork. (or use clean hands to separate it). Set aside.
- Prepare pineapple tidbits, drain syrup and set aside
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pickles, onions. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust taste first as needed.
- Then add all the other ingredients left. carefully toss them together to incorporate all the flavors. But be careful not to mash tje potatoes. So it should be the last one to be added.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or more to chill
- Serve and Enjoy!