How about Tocilog for breakfast? Pork Tocino, Fried Rice and Fried Egg breakfast combo. Yummy! Simple and easy Filipino breakfast that everyone loves.
I know.. this recipe is super easy and everyone knows how to cook tocino. But for some, this recipe is a simple refresher to help you start your day. Happy cooking!
½ kilograms uncooked tocino
3 cups sinangag
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 sunny-side up eggs, precooked
1 cup water
¼ cup cooking oil
Sliced tomatoes, garnish
1 tbsp butter or margarine
pinch of salt, to taste
- Boil the water in a pan. When the water starts boiling, add the cooking oil and the uncooked tocino. Bring it to a boil over medium heat until all water evaporates.
- Once the water completely dries up and the oil is left. Continue to fry the tocino for about 3 minutes on one side. Then flip the tocino on the other side until evenly cooked.
- Drain from oil and transfer into a plate. Set aside.
- Prepare the fried rice: Using the same pan, remove the excess oil leaving at least 2 tsp oil.
- Heat the pan and sauté garlic until slightly brown. Then add the cooked rice. Stir fry the rice for 1 minute and keep on tossing.
- Let the tocino residual stick to the fried rice to make it more tasty. Add some butter and season with salt to taste. Continue tossing until butter is melted and incorporated.
- Arrange the fried rice with the tocino in individual plates.
- Serve with sliced fresh sliced tomatoes and spiced vinegar dip. Share and enjoy!