How to cook Ersao black pearls or Tapioca pearls or any sago for the first time? Although the package has an instructions on how to cook it, here’s a fail proof easy guide for a first timer on how to cook any sago or black pearls.
Let me just give you a heads up, if you plan to cook a bigger batch of black pearls, you need a stock pot or cook it in multiple batches because black pearls need to float in lots of water.
The ratio for black pearl sago is 1:6. Meaning for every cup of sago, you need 6 cups of water.
How to Cook Black Pearls or Tapioca Pearls
1 cup black pearl (tapioca pearls)
6 cups water
Note: For every 1 cup sago is equal to 6 cups water. 1:6 Ratio of water.
1. In a large stock pot, boil 6 cups of water. Take note: boil it first.
2. Once the water is boiling. Add 1 cup Pearls and stir gradually until the pearls float.
3. Adjust fire to low, cover the pot for 30 minutes.
4. Turn Off fire and braise it for another 30 minutes.
5. Drain off water and rinse it again with cold water.
6. Add ½ cup of refined sugar and stir it evenly. Ready to serve!
Transfer into clean airtight container for storage purposes. Do not store in freezer.
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.