Still having a warm weather? This thirst quencher Melonade Juice recipe (Melon + Lemons) is for cookouts, family gatherings, vacations, and poolside menus. One of my favorite drinks to make in this kind of days is a fresh squeezed Melonade! It’s a cross between hand-squeezed lemonade and fresh melon. Here’s the recipe!
Note: If fresh lemon is not abundant, you may try the tetra pack lemon juice in the supermarket.
Serving Size: 20 cups
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 dozen of lemons)
- 1 gallon of cold water
- 1 whole melon
- lemon zest (optional)
- Get a pitcher and add your sugar and hot water. Stir together until sugar is pretty well dissolved.
- Scoop out the seeds from the melon and mash the seeds with 1 cup of water. Reserve juice and discard seeds.
- Then scoop out the rest of the melon flesh, pour-in the juice from the seeds and blend until smooth. (Use a blender or food processor). Adding some lemon zest can add more flavor to the juice.
- Transfer into a large juice container/Jug/Pitcher/Juice Dispenser and pour-in all the water. Stir it well.
- Serve with lots of ice and enjoy.