Learn how to make your own Gourmet Butter Garlic Tahong or Mussels. In fact you can make a variety of flavors like Adobong Tahong or make the super spicy variant. You can start from Butter Garlic, its simple and very delicious. The mussels melts in your mouth!
GOURMET BUTTER GARLIC TAHONG
1 kilo fresh tahong (mussels)
3 tbsp butter
1 head garlic, minced
1 tsp salt and Pepper Corns
1 medium onion, minced
4 pcs bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
1 large bottle olive oil
extra toasted garlic for toppings
8 oz. bottles with cap, cleaned thoroughly
1. Wash and clean mussels in running water to remove dirt. Drain from water.
2. Prepare a steamer pot and boil water. and Place rack with mussels and steam just until the shells starts to open. Remove from steamer and let it cool. Then remove each tahong from shells.
3. In a medium pan, heat butter and saute garlic until brown and onions until soft over medium-low heat.
4. Add in tahong, bay leaves and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper corns.
5. Let it cook until sauce is reduced. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
6. Transfer into prepared bottles.
7. Fill with olive oil, leaving ¼ inch space from top of bottle and top it with extra toasted garlic.
8. Arrange 1 bay leaf on the side of the bottle and some pepper corns.
9. Lightly cap bottles and place in a rack inside the pressure cooker.
10. Cover and seal the pressure cooker and turn on the heat.
11. When the pressure cooker starts to whistle, lower the heat and cook for 1/2 hour.
12. Allow pressure to drop.
Remove the jars and cap tightly while still hot.
13. Check for leakage by inverting each bottle, set aside and allow to cool.
14. Wash bottles with soap and water and let it dry. You may add a plastic seal once dry.
Your Gourmet Tahong is ready! Shelf life is 12 months.
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.