This Dulce de Leche Chocolate Frosting is adapted from a brazilian recipe. It’s delicious, thick and shiny because of dulce de leche. You can also use this as a filling. Sooo Yummy!
To learn how to make a Homemade Dulce de leche you may check out the procedure here.
Dulce de Leche Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 400 grams Dulce De Leche
- 300 grams bittersweet chocolate Bar, (chopped into small pieces)
- 150 ml heavy cream (or whipping cream like Arla, Emborg, Elle & Vire, Ever Whip, Anchor)
- In a glass bowl, place all ingredients and melt it in a double boiler over low heat (simmering water should not touch the tip of the bowl).
- Stir it well, turn off heat as soon as chocolate starts to melt and create a homogeneous mixture. Let it cool until the cream creates the consistency you need.
- Start frosting your prepared cooled chocolate sponge cake with your big round piping tip.