This Clam Chowder is creamy white and delicious at the same time. Definitely great comforting dish for the cold rainy days. Match it with your favorite homemade pizza or serve it in bread bowls. Its a hearty soup you can prepare for your loved ones.
1. What to add to clam chowder to make it better?
Check the recipe below to get the best concoction of a delicious clam chowder. You may not single out an ingredient, but its in the best combination of seasoning and spices. Each ingredient should meld in the mouth that you can’t even identify whats in a recipe.
2. What kind of clams are in clam chowder?
Venerupis philippinarum is an edible species of the salt water clam also know as Halaan (Filipino), Manila Clam, or Japanese little neck clam
Recipe updated March 9, 2021
CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE
400g clams, (halaan or manila clam) steam until shells open, remove shells
1 medium onion
1 small carrot
3 pieces mushrooms (or 1 small can)
½ cup chicken breast, diced (bacon or any left over meat)
2 tbsp butter
½ cup (100ml) white wine
400ml water (1.69 US metric cups)
200ml heavy cream (or any cream)
1 broth cube
Garnish: parsley, or celery or bay leaves (optional)
1. Preparation: Dice onion, carrot and chicken. Cut the stem of mushrooms off, peel them, slice them into 0.3 cm thick.
2. Clean and scrub away the dirt in clams and wash under running water and drain in a strainer.
3. In a pot, stir fry diced onion pieces with butter. Once they become translucent, add carrots, chicken, mushrooms and stir fry.
4. Once the ingredients are coated with butter, add in the clams and stir fry. Pour in white wine (this is what makes it so delicious!) and bring to a boil. Pour in water, milk and broth cube. Let it cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
5. When the ingredients are cooked, add the heavy cream while gently stirring. Turn off heat and use a hand blender to blend all the ingredients into a smooth chowder. (Alternatively, let it cool a little and use a blender to make a smoother texture.) Reheat when serving.
Serve in bread bowls or plates and sprinkle chopped fresh herbs like bay leaves, celery or parsley for added aroma.
Skim the scum off the top during cooking. Any mushrooms you like can be added in the chowder.
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.