This Mozzarrela Stick is so simple and easy to do. Fail proof guide to make it crunchy outside and melted on the inside. I tried it with cheddar cheese too and it good too. Serve it with your favorite dipping sauce, like ketchup, sour cream, marinara sauce, mayo-ketchup, salsa, or any salad dressing. Its perfect!
MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE
RECIPE (makes 32 pieces)
16 sticks of mozzarella string cheese (or cheddar cheese taste better)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups Japanese Panko bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp fresh black pepper
1 TB dried oregano flakes
oil for frying (peanut oil is great for frying)
Marinara sauce for dipping
- In a small dish, add flour. In bowl number 2, combine eggs and milk. In a 3rd bowl, mix panko bread crumbs with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Cut mozzarella sticks into halves.
- Get 1 piece of mozzarella and roll it in flour, dip into egg mixture, and roll well in Panko mixture. Press the crumbs gently in place so mozzarella stick is fully coated. Repeat the same procedure for all the cheese left.
- Transfer coated mozzarella sticks on a wax-lined baking sheet and put in freezer for at least 30 minutes. (The quick-freezing is important to keep cheese from falling apart in hot oil.)
- Deep fry in a heavy sauce pan, 3/4 oil. Using a thermometer, keep oil steady at 185°C/365°F. Fry frozen mozzarella sticks at a time and avoid over crowding.
- Fry about 25-30 seconds, turning sticks until they are an even golden brown, and drain on paper towels. Try not to let cheese leak, but a few tiny bubbles are fine. Serve with your favorite ketchup sauce and do eat these while still hot!
- Try this recipe and enjoy!