This Dulce de Leche Flan recipe is a portuguese flan. Its a dessert hit in Portugal and Brazil. They actually call it, “Pudim de Doce de Leite” (Milk pudding with Dulce de Leche). For Filipinos though we call it Leche Flan.
I just found out another delicious recipe that will surely become a hit. Specially for your customers whose looking for something new from your Leche Flan. You gotta try it.. its absolutely delicious!
Dulce de Leche Flan
400g of dulce de leche (1 can)
300ml of milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup sugar (for syrup)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Pour the sugar directly into the bundt pan/llanera and bring it to low heat, stir continuously until the sugar melts and the lumps disappear, then swirl the caramel to spread evenly throughout the the bottom lf the pan.
2. In the blender pitcher, add dulce de leche, milk, eggs and cornstarch and blend it well until smooth. Strain the mixture to remove unwanted bubbles.
3. Pour it in the prepared caramelized molder. Cover it with foil and place it on the steamer rack. Set aside.
4. Prepare your steamer: In a large pot, pour in about halfway full of water. Bring it to a boil.
5. Once the water is boiling, adjust heat to low and place the steaming rack with flan molder/llanera.
6. Close the pot with the lid and steam for about 30 minutes on LOW FIRE.
7. As soon as you pass the time indicated, stick a knife in the center of the flan, if the side is clean then your flan is ready. Happy cooking!
The cooking time of your flan will depend on the size of your molder. Bigger molder takes more time, and small molder can take as short as 15-20 minutes to steam. So always make sure to do a toothpick test before you decide to remove it from heat.
Before turning it over, make sure to let it cool first and chill it in the fridge for about 3 hours. After that time you can turn over your flan into the plate without any chip on the side.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.