Suggested ulam for you. Budget meal and simple lutong bahay. 💗 These fried chicken wings are ready in less than an hour. The ingredients are really simple and very easy to cook!
Deep Fried Chicken Wings
- 8cm ginger, peeled and coarsely diced,
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled,
- 2 tablespoon honey (or sugar syrup, maple syrup or pancake syrup)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper,
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 450g chicken wings (cut at the joints) ,
- 250ml oil (for deep frying)
- Extra honey, for drizzle
- Using blender or food processor, blend ginger and garlic until it becomes a paste/smooth. Transfer into a mixing bowl then add turmeric, honey, salt, pepper and then toss the chicken wings together in the mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 mins. (Remove bits and pieces if marinade from is chunky).
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan for deep frying.
- Fry the chicken wings until cooked. Drain on paper, drizzle with extra honey then serve. Enjoy!