This crab lollipop recipe is definitely a hit! You can also mix it with grounded prawn meat as an extender. For the sauce, you may prepare sweet chili sauce, sour cream or any dressing for your dippings. What a crabs-tastic appetizer!
HOW TO MAKE CRAB LOLLIPOPS
20 small crab claws, cooked
2 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Cooking oil, for deep frying
1 cup crab flesh (alternatively prawn flesh)
3 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon rice wine
2 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion (white part).
2 teaspoon salt
1. For the Basic Paste: Blend/Grind mixture into a paste like consistency. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 to 30 minutes
2. Prepare 3 separate bowls for flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
3. Take crab 1 claw, pat it dry to remove excess moisture on the crab.
4. Start spreading the paste around the crab claw. Shape it around the claw to form a lollipop.
5. Gently dip the claws in to all-purpose flour and sprinkle flour around it.
6. Remove excess flour and dip it into beaten egg.
7. Then dip into breadcrumbs, sprinkle and turn it slowly to cover the entire lollipop. Repeat the same process until all lollies are shaped.
8. In a shallow pan, pour enough oil for deep frying and heat oil until very hot. It will sizzle if you throw a pinch of flour.
9. Fry it in batches until golden brown. Serve it with your favorite dressing or ketchup.
This recipe also goes well with:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes. Credits