Creamy, spicy and delicious Pork Bicol Express.. get ready with lots of rice and devour. One of the most favorite spicy lutong bahay that originated in Bicol. Pork Bicol express with lots of long green chili pepper or siling haba. Happy cooking!
PORK BICOL EXPRESS
5 pcs siling haba or long green chili.
1 kilo pork kasim, cubed
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups thick coconut milk (kakang gata)
2 teaspoon bagoong or shrimp paste
pepper, to taste
pinch of sugar to taste
6 pcs sitaw, chopped 1″ (long green beans)
3 pcs red chili pepper, sliced (garmish)
1. Using plastic gloves if possible (to avoid burning hands from the chili seeds), chop the stems and head and slice in slant position. Set aside.
2. In a casserole combine the pork, garlic, onion and coconut milk.
3. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until pork is tender.
4. Add the sliced chilies and string beans and continue cooking until the veggies are half cooked and the sauce is thickened. Constantly stirring to prevent scorching at the bottom of the casserole.
5. Season with shrimp paste, pepper and a pinch of sugar to taste. Remember not to overcook the coconut milk or it will curdle. 6. Turn off heat. Garnish with red chillies on top. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.