Creamy, spicy and delicious Pork Bicol Express.. get ready with lots of rice and devour. One of the most favorite spicy lutong bahay that originated in Bicol. Pork Bicol express with lots of long green chili pepper or siling haba. Happy cooking!
PORK BICOL EXPRESS
1 bundle siling haba or long green chili (or 1 tali ng siling pang-sigang)
1 kilo pork kasim, cubed
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups thick coconut milk (kakang gata)
2 teaspoon bagoong or shrimp paste
pinch of pepper to taste
pinch of sugar to taste
*you can also use fresh coconut milk, first squeezed and second squeezed.
1. Using plastic gloves (to avoid burning hands from the chili seeds), remove stems from the green chilies or siling pang-sigang and cut lengthwise to remove seeds. Slice into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
2. In a casserole combine the pork, garlic, onion and coconut milk.
3. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until pork is tender.
4. Add the sliced chilies and continue cooking until chilies are soft and sauce is thickened. Constantly stirring to prevent scorching at the bottom of the casserole.
5. Add shrimp paste to taste. Remember not to overcook the coconut milk or it will curdle. Turn off heat.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.