This Kani Mango Salad (Pinoy Style) includes a homemade dressing recipe just like the Kewpie Salad Dressing. Super yummy and delicious! I love it when served cold. I hope you enjoy this delicious Japanese Style Salad in Filipino version.
KANI MANGO SALAD RECIPE
(with Homemade KEWPIE dressing)
6 tablespoon Japanese mayo (or any mayo
1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon sugar
pinch of salt
For Kani Salad:
1-2 bundle Lettuce
3 pieces cherry tomatoes (optional)
2 small cucumber, (grated lengthwise)
2 small carrot (grated lengthwise)
3 large Ripe Mango, flesh cubed
1 pack crab meat, fried & shredded or sliced thinly
1. For Dressing:
In a pan without oil, roast the sesame seeds over low fire until brownish. Let it cool and grind it in blender or mortar and pestle (dikdikan) until powder in form.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Adjust taste to preference, sour and sweetness should be just in between.
3. For Kani Salad:
In a salad bowl, line the bowl with lettuce.
Then assemble the grated carrots (you may use grater or metal scraper). Place the shredded crab meat on top (shred it in uniform size), then top it with lots of mango cubes and cherry tomatoes.
4. It is best when all the ingredients are served cold. Upon serving, drizzle the servings with the salad dressing. Enjoy!
1. For Dressing:
In a pan, I-roast (isangag ng walang oil) ang sesame seeds sa low fire hanggang mag dark brown.
2. Dikdikin ito or i-blender hanggang malapit nang maging powder.
3. Then, pagsama-samahin na lahat ng ingredients and tikman kung ok na sau ung sweetness, asim ng dressing mo. Dapat di sya masyadong matamis and maasim.
4. For Kani Salad:
Kumuha ng salad bowl. Unang ilagay ang lettuce. Isunod naman ang ginadgad na carrots (gumamit ng pang gadgad or pangkayod ng melon sa pag-gadgad ng carrots at cucumber)
5. Saka ilagay ang ginadgad na cucumber.
6. Pagkatapos ay ilagay ang hinimay na crab meat at saka ilagay ang ripe mango cubes at cherry tomatoes sa ibabaw.
7. Mas masarap ito kung ise-serve ng malamig ang mga ingredients at kapag ihahain na ay saka lagyan ng dressing sa ibabaw. Enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.