This Chicken Sopas Recipe is creamy delicious that kids and the whole family will surely like for the cold rainy season. You may add all purpose cream to make it more delicious.
Adding cream is just optional. If you decide not to add cream just make the milk about 2 cups instead of 1 cup in this recipe. Other varieties you may want to add; liver, hotdog or mushrooms. Happy cooking!
CHICKEN SOPAS RECIPE
- 500g boneless and skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 liter of chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 1 piece carrot, cut into dice
- 2 stalks of celery, diced (or green onions)
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup of fresh milk/evaporated milk
- 1 cup nestle cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium to low heat.
- Saute onion for a minute and add garlic until lightly brown.
- Add boneless chicken breasts in the pot and cook until brown on all side.
- Then, pour-in chicken stock/water and let it come to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the elbow macaroni and stir. Cook for about 8 minutes over low heat. Don’t forget to stir once in a while.
- Mix in the carrots and celery. Cover pot and continue to simmer for 3 minutes more until the carrots are tender.
- Add milk, cream and shredded cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!