Another ulam (home cooked) ideas that will complete any Filipino table. Be it a holiday or any special occasion, Escabecheng Isda is always present in every pinoy hapagkainan.
You can use any kind of fish you like: Tilapia, Pla-pla, Pompano, Milkfish, Dalagang Bukid, or Tanigue. This recipe also includes Tagalog Version recipe below.
1/2 kilograms Lapu-lapu (or kahit anung isda (pla-pla, tanigue, tilapia, dalagang bukid, pompano, o bangus)
¼ cup toyo
2 tablespoon suka
4 tablespoon pineapple tidbits (1 small tetra pack)
2-3 tablespoon sugar
1 small red bell pepper, julienned
1 small green bell pepper, julienned
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 small carrot, julienned
½ teaspoon ginger/luya, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
green onions/spring onions, garnish
1. Clean fish and season with rock salt. In a non stick frying fan. Heat enough oil and fry fish until golden brown and crispy.
2. Drain from oil and transfer into serving platter.
3. For the sauce: In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple tidbits, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a pan, sauté onions, garlic and ginger until fragrant for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add in julienned carrots, bell pepper and sauté until carrots are tender.
6. Add in the sauce mixture, bring it to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Pour sauce into the fish upon serving. Garnish with chopped green onions on top.
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
1. Linisin maigi ang isda. Lagyan ng asin ang isda at i-prito hanggang maging golden brown at crispy.
2. Tangalin sa mantika at ilipat sa isang serving plate. Isantabi muna.
3. Sa isang bowl, pagsamahin ang toyo, suka, crushed pineapple, asin at paminta.
4. Igisa ang sibuyas, bawang at luya.
5. Ilagay ang carrots at bell pepper, igisa hanggang sa maluto ang carrots at bell pepper
6. Ilagay ang sauce sa ginisang gulay at pakuluin sa loob ng limang minuto.
7. Ibuhos ang sauce kapag ito ay ihahain na, budburan ng hiniwang green onions para sa garnish at pampasarap. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.