Another ulam (home cooked) ideas that will complete any Filipino table. Be it a holiday or any special occasion, Escabecheng Isda is always present in every pinoy hapagkainan. You can use any kind of fish you like: Tilapia, Pla-pla, Pompano, Milkfish, Dalagang Bukid, or Tanigue. This recipe also includes Tagalog Version recipe below.
- 1/2 kilograms Lapu-lapu (or kahit anung isda (pla-pla, tanigue, tilapia, dalagang bukid, pompano, o bangus)
- ¼ cup toyo
- 2 tablespoon suka
- 4 tablespoon pineapple tidbits (1 small tetra pack)
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- ½ teaspoon ginger/luya, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onions/spring onions, garnish
- Clean fish and season with rock salt. In a non stick frying fan. Heat enough oil and fry fish until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain from oil and transfer into serving platter.
- For the sauce: In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple tidbits, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions, garlic and ginger until fragrant for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in julienned carrots, bell pepper and sauté until carrots are tender.
- Add in the sauce mixture, bring it to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into the fish upon serving. Garnish with chopped green onions on top.
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
- Linisin maigi ang isda. Lagyan ng asin ang isda at i-prito hanggang maging golden brown at crispy.
- Tangalin sa mantika at ilipat sa isang serving plate. Isantabi muna.
- Sa isang bowl, pagsamahin ang toyo, suka, crushed pineapple, asin at paminta.
- Igisa ang sibuyas, bawang at luya.
- Ilagay ang carrots at bell pepper, igisa hanggang sa maluto ang carrots at bell pepper
- Ilagay ang sauce sa ginisang gulay at pakuluin sa loob ng limang minuto.
- Ibuhos ang sauce kapag ito ay ihahain na, budburan ng hiniwang green onions para sa garnish at pampasarap. Enjoy!