This Beef in Liver sauce is my own recipe experiment. It’s a tender beef smothered in liver spread sauce, super tasty and very deep in flavor.
The soy sauce, pineapple juice and plum sauce added more depth to the flavor. (I provided some alternative if you don’t have plum sauce though). You won’t even know a liver spread was used. Just a hint of liver though.
This recipe is best with Buttered mixed veggies. I just love this combo. Try it today! Happy cooking.
Marination Time: 1-2 hours
Cooking Time 1.5 hours
Total Time: 2.5 hours
BEEF IN LIVER SAUCE
1 kilo beef (sirloin or breakfast steak or mechado cut)
½ cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
2 white onions (or any onions)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano (dahon ng laurel or any)
¼ cup margarine (1 stick)
3 cups water (+ increments of 2 cups in between cooking)
1 small can liver spread
2 Red bell pepper, julienned
1 medium carrot, chopped
Salt and pepper
Patis (fish sauce)
3 tbsp plum sauce (alternatively honey, or 2 tbsp sugar)
1 tbsp rice wine (optional)
1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
1. Marinate beef in pineapple juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 2-3 hours.
2. After marination, separate beef and drain marinating sauce into a bowl. Set it aside.
3. In a large pan or cooking pot, sauté garlic and onions in little oil until soft and fragrant.
4. Add in butter and saute the beef together until brown on all sides.
5. Add the marinating sauce, 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer and cover pan/pot. Stir it every 10 minutes so it doesn’t scorch at the bottom. Simmer the beef for a total of 1 hour or more. Add increments of water of half cup every 10 minutes so it doesn’t dry up. Water is added in increments so the marinade is not diluted.
6. Once the beef becomes tender good and at least ½ cup of sauce is left, the carrots, liver spread, plum sauce, patis, rice wine, dried oregano. Toss and stir all ingredients over low heat. Let it simmer until the carrots are tender.
7. Add in the bell pepper and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes more. Lastly, add the sesame oil and turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy!
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
I-marinate ang baka sa pineapple juice, toyo, asin at paminta sa loob ng 2-3 oras.
Ihiwalay ang baka mula sa marinade. Itabi muna ang marinade sauce.
Sa isang kaldero or kawali, maggisa ng sibuyas at bawang sa margarine bago isangkutsa ang baka.
Ibuhos ang marinade sauce at lagyan ng 3 tasang tubig. Pakuluan ng isang oras or mahigit pa (depende po sa ginamit na baka) hanggang sa lumambot maigi ang baka.
Haluin ito sa bawat 10 minuto para hindi masunog sa ilalim at maiwasan matuyaan ng sabaw. Magdagdag ng ½ cup water kapag kuma-kaunti ang tubig.
I-check muli pagkatapos ng 10 minuto at magdagdag muli ng tubig. Total of 2 cups ang dinagdag ko hanggang sa lumambot ang baka.
Kapag lumambot na ang baka, idagdag na ang lahat ng naiwan na sangkap. Unahin ang carrots at palambutin ng 10 minuto at idagdag ang lahat ng pampalasa.
Ilagay na rin ang bell pepper at huling ilagay ang sesame oil. Patayin ang apoy.
Serve and enjoy!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photos posted for this recipe is © Copyright to Mamas Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.