If you love Chinese food, oriental style or asian cuisine. This Pork Spare Ribs recipe is definitely a must try. This recipe is also similar to Chowking’s Spare Ribs bowl. So yummy!
PORK SPARERIBS CHOWKING STYLE
1 kilo pork ribs
2 tsp black peppercorns
2 pcs spring onions, green parts finely sliced, garnish
water for boiling ribs
1 tablespoon cornstarch + cold water (slurry)
For the sauce:
4 tbsp sesame oil
¼ cup dark soy sauce
¼ cup honey/sugar
6 tbsp teriyaki sauce (or 4 tbsp oyster sauce)
1 teaspoon five-spice powder (ngohiong powder)
2 limes, juice (or calamansi)
Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
1. In a pot, fill it with ¾ water and boil pork ribs. Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs (bay leaf or oregano). Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for 1 hour until tender.
2. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix it well. Set aside.
3. After an hour, once the water of pork ribs is reduced to about 1 cup. (1 ½ cups if you want it a bit saucy). Add the marinade ingredients into the pot and mix it well. Bring it to a boil, and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the slurry to thicken sauce and make it glazy. Let it simmer and mix it well for about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
5. Turn off heat and garnish with spring onions to complete the aroma and flavor.
6. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Cooking Tip: you may add 1 tablespoon cooking wine/rice wine if available in step 3 to make it more oriental in flavor.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photos used in this recipe is © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.