If you love Chinese food, oriental style or asian cuisine. This Pork Spare Ribs recipe is definitely a must try. This recipe is also similar to Chowking’s Spare Ribs bowl. So yummy!
PORK SPARERIBS CHOWKING STYLE
1 kilo pork ribs
2 tsp black peppercorns
2 pcs spring onions, green parts finely sliced, garnish
water for boiling ribs
1 tablespoon cornstarch + cold water (slurry)
For the sauce:
4 tbsp sesame oil
¼ cup dark soy sauce
¼ cup honey/sugar
6 tbsp teriyaki sauce (or 4 tbsp oyster sauce)
1 teaspoon five-spice powder (ngohiong powder)
2 limes, juice (or calamansi)
Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
1. In a pot, fill it with ¾ water and boil pork ribs. Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs (bay leaf or oregano). Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for 1 hour until tender.
2. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix it well. Set aside.
3. After an hour, once the water of pork ribs is reduced to about 1 cup. (1 ½ cups if you want it a bit saucy). Add the marinade ingredients into the pot and mix it well. Bring it to a boil, and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the slurry to thicken sauce and make it glazy. Let it simmer and mix it well for about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
5. Turn off heat and garnish with spring onions to complete the aroma and flavor.
6. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Cooking Tip: you may add 1 tablespoon cooking wine/rice wine if available in step 3 to make it more oriental in flavor.
You may also try our:
Photos used in this recipe are © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.