This Seafood Pesto Pasta is truly delish. The seafood and tomatoes are just perfect in every bite. I just love how the juicy tomatoes complements the pesto sauce.
Aside from calamari rings, you may also use mussels or clams alternatively. Just steam the mussels first. Don’t forget to toast some garlic buttered slices of bread too. Enjoy!
SEAFOOD PESTO PASTA
300 grams spaghetti (can also use linguine or fettuccine)
½ kilogram shrimp peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or equal parts garlic powder dried basil and dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, or 1 chopped tomatoes (optional)
2 pcs calamari or squid, thinly sliced into rings
Optional garnish: chopped parsley
For the Basil Pesto Sauce:
1 Cup Sweet Basil Leaves
2 cloves Garlic
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ½ Tbsp Pine Nuts, toasted (or raw almonds)
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of water.
2. Prepare shrimp and calamari.
3. In a large pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Add calamari and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and let it cook for 2 minutes more. Avoid over cooking calamari and shrimp or it turns rubbery.
4. Let the seafood cook for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp are just pink and opaque. Turn off the heat.
5. Drain water from the pasta and transfer it to the pan with the shrimp and calamari. Toss in the pesto sauce.
6. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and drizzle with parmesan cheese to the pan.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley for more aroma.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photos used for this recipe is © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.