Ever wonder how to achieve a lasagna just like how Greenwich serve their Lasagna Supreme? This is the recipe you are looking for.. The bechamel sauce is so creamy white and to achieve the velvety texture sauce just follow my procedure below.
If you want the White Sauce to be perfect white, just use lard or shortening instead of butter. But this White sauce of mine is just perfect even with a slight yellowish butter.
Got No Oven? No problem! You can also use a microwave oven instead of the traditional oven to bake this lasagna. Just set your microwave for about 3 minutes or just until the cheese melts on top. Happy cooking!
Assemble the Pizza Lasagna. Add pizza sauce at the bottom of your pan then arrange lasagna pasta on top. Add pizza sauce again on top of lasagna pasta, add cheese and your toppings. Repeat procedure until your desired number of layers is achieved. Sprinkle more cheese on top para mas masarap. Baked in the oven at 150°C until top is golden brown or the cheese melts. Then add in White Sauce on top. Serve and enjoy!
Pizza Lasagna (Filipino Style)
500g Lasagna Pasta (boiling type)
2 packs Clara Ole Three Cheese Tomato sauce 200g/pack
2 packs Del Monte Sweet Pizza Sauce (115g/pack)
2 large white onion, divided
1 box Quick Melt cheese, grated
2 packs Holiday bacon (250g per pack
2 medium red bell pepper
4 tomatoes, chopped
¼ kilogram ground pork
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 tbsp Butter, unsalted (or lard/shortening)
6 tbsp Flour
1 Large Evaporated Milk (370ml)
1 pack All purpose cream (250ml)
¼ cup cold water
1 tbsp fresh Parsley, minced (garnish)
3 tablespoon Kraft Parmesan cheese powder
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
(The optional ingredients are not required, because these ingredients are sitting extra in my pantry. But adding these will help the recipe become extra special for an occasion).
1. Prepare the toppings: minced 1 onion and chop the other one for sauteing ground pork. Minced 1 bell pepper and slice the other one in rings for the top garnish. Fry the bacon and chop it in bite size pieces. Chop the tomatoes in small pieces. Set aside.
Note: Freeze the Quick melt cheese for about 10 minutes to make it a bit hard in texture for easy grating later.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute chopped onions. Let it cook until soft and fragrant, then add in ground pork and let it brown. Season it 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Drain from oil and transfer into a bowl.
3. Once all the ingredients are ready, cook lasagna pasta according to package instructions. You need about 12 pcs lasagna pasta to make 1 tray. If you cook the whole 500g, it will yield for 1 ½ tray.
4. In a medium bowl, combine three cheese tomato sauce and pizza sauce together. Sprinkle with some dried basil leaves and parsley. Stir it well.
5. Prepare a large aluminum tray or baking tray, and spread the bottom with tomato sauce.
6. Line it with 3 pieces lasagna pastato cover the tomato sauce.
7. Add the ground pork, bacon, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper. Do not put too much because you will still need some for two more layers.
8. Line it again with 3 pcs lasagna and spread tomato sauce on top. Then add ground pork, bacon, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper on top.
9. Line it with 3 pcs lasagna again. Then add ground pork, bacon, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper on top. Sprinkle it with parmesan powder on top.
10. Cover it with another 3 pcs of lasagna pasta on top. Add bell pepper ringlets and grated quick melt cheese on top of the lasagna pasta. Set aside.
11. Preheat oven at 150°C and bake it for 30 minutes. 5 minutes before it fully cooks, take out the lasagna tray from the oven and pour in the white sauce on top (procedure below). Let it bake for 5 minutes more. Turn off oven and take out the lasagna tray. Let it cool before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
Prepare the White Sauce toppings of Lasagna:
In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour and mix it well until it becomes lumpy. Add 1 can evaporated milk and just let it simmer over low heat for just a few seconds. Then add all purpose cream and mix it to combine. It will become very lumpy and that’s alright. Turn off heat right away once the sauce becomes thick. Remove from heat and using a whisker whisk it until it becomes smooth. You can add 1/4 cup cold water little by little to adjust consistency of sauce to your liking.
(Alternatively: use Hand mixer) Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl and beat it with an electric hand mixer to make it smooth. I added ¼ cup cold water in (little by little only) as I beat the mixture to adjust the consistency of the sauce. It became so creamy and satin smooth sauce.
This recipe goes well with:
Photos used in this recipe is © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.