If you’re looking for a special Pancit Palabok recipe to bring for a Pot luck or any occasion to celebrate. Ate Josephine’s Pancit Palabok recipe will surely be a hit! Simple, easy to make from scratch recipe. Happy cooking!
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins
ATE JOSEPHINE’S PANCIT PALABOK
Pancit Palabok Recipe:
1 pack (400 grams) pancit palabok noodles
300 g squid rings
300 g shrimp, shelled and deveined, save the shells
300 g ground pork or beef
3 peeled hard boiled eggs, sliced
100 g flaked tinapa (smoked fish)
1/2 cup ground chicharon
1 spring onion, chopped (for garnish
calamansi or lime
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons atsuete (annatto) seeds, soaked in water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 big onion, finely chopped
shells from the shrimp
4 tablespoons corn flour mixed with water to make a slurry
500 ml water
1 cube chicken bouillon
fish sauce (patis) to taste
pepper to taste
1 tablespoon cooking oil
pot of boiling salted water
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 min
1. Soften the noodles: Soak the noodles in a bowl of warm water, drain and set aside. Soak the atsuete in water to draw out the colour.
2. Make sure to prepare all the toppings first so that it’s faster to assemble the palabok.
3. Prepare and cook the sauce: Heat a little oil and saute the garlic, onions and shrimp shells in a pot for a few minutes. Add the soaked atsuete and water and stir. Pour in 250 ml water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and strain the stock into another pot. Its kinda tedious, but it’s really worth it to make your own shrimp stock.
4. Simmer the strained stock again. Then, add the chicken bouillon and the rest of the water in the pot. Gradually pour in the cornflour slurry while stirring to thicken the sauce. Season the sauce with patis and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer until sauce becomes thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Prepare another pot of salted boiling water and boil the noodles until just cooked. Drain the noodles into a strainer and transfer noodles in a serving platter.
6. In a pan, sauté garlic, onion, ground pork or beef, shrimp, and squid rings. Add the sauce. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Top the noodles with shrimp, sliced hard boiled eggs, tinapa flakes, chicharon, and sprinkling of chopped green onions. Serve with calamansi or lime to squeeze over it for added zest.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.