This simple roasted chicken recipe is a German inspired heirloom recipe you can try. The ingredients are very basic but its definitely delicious! Try it today..
Margarine Roasted Chicken
1.2 kilogram whole chicken
salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
½ cup margarine, divided
1 stalk celery, leaves removed
1. Preheat oven to 175°C
2. Arrange the chicken in a roasting pan. Rub with salt, pepper inside the cavity and outside. Then, sprinkle the whole chicken with onion powder inside and outside too.
3. Spread 3 tablespoons of margarine in the chicken cavity. Brush the remaining margarine around the chicken exterior. Slice the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and insert in the chicken cavity.
4. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes without cover, with an internal temperature of 82°C.
5. Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil once you achieve the golden brown on top.
6. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.