Skip to content
This pasta recipe is super creamy, tasty and delicious! You can also use garlic powder if you like but i prefer to use fresh minced garlic. So yummy.. Happy cooking!
CHEESY GARLIC SHRIMP ALFREDO
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese or 3 cheese blend
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp minced Parsley, garnish
- 1 lb ridged shells pasta (conchiglie rigate) or any pasta you prefer
- Cook the pasta shells according to package instructions. Drain from water and set aside.
- For milky sauce mixture: In a blender (alternatively electric hand mixer) combine milk, softened cream cheese, flour, and salt. Mix it together until smooth in texture. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Sauté garlic until fragrant, then add in shrimp and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until it becomes orange in color.
- Take out shrimp from the pan and set it aside, leaving the garlic and butter drippings. Then add in the milky sauce mixture to the pan, stir for 4 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Let it simmer and stir continuously for about 6 minutes until sauce becomes thicker.
- Remove from heat, add mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top. Cover, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta into the sauce and mix it well to combine. Then add the shrimps on top and garnish with minced parsley.
- Serve and enjoy with Toasted Garlic Bread.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: