Another version of Sweet and Sour Fish recipe you must try. Crispy Tilapia in sweet and sour sauce with pineapple chunks. For a nice presentation serve it with fresh parsley garnish on top.
Serving Tips: Pour the sweet and sour sauce only upon serving to maintain the crispiness of the fish.
Sweet and Sour Tilapia
½ kilograms tilapia
1 bell pepper, sliced in square
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 carrot, julienned
For sweet and sour sauce:
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup vinegar
1 cup pineapple chunks
¼ cup pineapple juice
½ cup tomato sauce
1 ½ tbsp cornstarch, diluted in
1 ½ cup cold water
1. Season tilapia with salt and rub with flour all over to make the skin crispy when fried.
2. In a pan, heat oil and start frying the fish until golden brown. Drain from oil, transfer into a plate and set aside.
For the Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, tomato sauce. Just let it simmer over low heat.
2. When it starts to simmer, add in your slurry (cornstarch diluted in cold water). Mix it well and continue to simmer until sauce is thickened. Turn off heat.
Saute the Veggies:
1. In a wok, saute ginger, garlic, onions until it becomes fragrant. Then add in bell pepper, carrots let it cook for about a minute or two.
2. Add in the pineapple chunks and the sweet and sour sauce and mix it together. Turn off heat.
3. Serve it with sauce on top of the fish upon serving. Or serve fish and sauce separately to maintain the crispiness of the tilapia.
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website.
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.