If you love Beef Caldereta and Bacolod’s Chicken Inasal, then try this very quick and easy recipe of Kalderetang Chicken Inasal. Compared to beef, this is quicker to cook if you have a pre-cooked chicken inasal. Super yummy too!
KALDERETANG CHICKEN INASAL
1 kilogram Chicken Inasal (pre-cooked)
2 packs tomato Sauce ( 250g del monte)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 can reno liver spread
2 white onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped
2 green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
salt and pepper
dahong laurel, (bay leaves)
patis (fish sauce)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 cups beef broth/water
2 red chili pepper (labuyo)
1. In a large pan, saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Then add in the inasal chicken pieces. Saute until lightly brown on the side.
2. Add in tomato sauce, tomato paste, carrots, potatoes and beef broth.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4. Add in liver spread, labuyo and stir.
5. Add soy sauce, patis, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Lastly, add bell pepper and bay leaves. Cover pot and let simmer for 1 minute.
Serve and enjoy!