Quick, easy and budget-friendly lutong bahay you can cook for the family. Its simple and very delicious!
Chicken Asado ala Batangas
½ kilo chicken, chopped into small pieces (breast fillet preferably or any chicken part)
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cassava flour + dissolved in 4tbsp cold water (alternatively cornstarch)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ cup water
spring onions, garnish (dahon ng sibuyas)
1. In a pan, melt butter to saute garlic and onions until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken pieces and saute until brownish.
3. Add some water and let it simmer to cook.
4. Season with salt, sugar and soy sauce.
5. Once the chicken is cooked through, you may now add the dissolved cassava flour to thicken the sauce.
6. Let it simmer for a few more minutes and let it cook.
Ready to serve!