Skip to content
Quick, easy and budget-friendly lutong bahay you can cook for the family. Its simple and very delicious!
Chicken Asado ala Batangas
- ½ kilo chicken, chopped into small pieces (breast fillet preferably or any chicken part)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cassava flour + dissolved in 4tbsp cold water (alternatively cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- spring onions, garnish (dahon ng sibuyas)
- In a pan, melt butter to saute garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute until brownish.
- Add some water and let it simmer to cook.
- Season with salt, sugar and soy sauce.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, you may now add the dissolved cassava flour to thicken the sauce.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes and let it cook.
- Ready to serve!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: