Skip to content
Post Views: 126,874
Celebrate New Year with a delicious Filipino Style BBQ Spare Ribs. Simple, basic and easy to make sauce! But super yummy!
Enjoy and Happy Grilling!
BBQ Pork Spare Ribs (Filipino Style)
- 1 kilo pork spareribs
- 2 red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- 6 pcs calamansi (juiced)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water, for boiling
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + cold water (slurry)
- spring onions, garnish (dahon ng sibuyas
- sesame seed, garnish
- In a pot, combine all the ingredients. (except garnish and cornstarch slurry)
- Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer over low heat.
- Let it cook until the spare ribs become tender for about 30 minutes or more.
- Once the spare ribs becomes tender, remove the pieces from the broth and grill it. Reserve the remaining broth for later.
- You can grill it using charcoal or griller. Set it aside once cooked.
- Make the sauce: Reheat the pot with broth and add the cornstarch slurry. Let it simmer over low heat until thickened. Season with salt to taste. Turn off heat.
- Pour the sauce on top of the grilled spare ribs and toss. Garnish with toasted sesame seed and chopped spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Share this to your friends: