Celebrate New Year with a delicious Filipino Style BBQ Spare Ribs. Simple, basic and easy to make sauce! But super yummy!
Enjoy and Happy Grilling!
BBQ Pork Spare Ribs (Filipino Style)
1 kilo pork spareribs
2 red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
6 pcs calamansi (juiced)
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 cups water, for boiling
2 tbsp cornstarch + cold water (slurry)
spring onions, garnish (dahon ng sibuyas
sesame seed, garnish
1. In a pot, combine all the ingredients. (except garnish and cornstarch slurry)
2. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer over low heat.
3. Let it cook until the spare ribs become tender for about 30 minutes or more.
4. Once the spare ribs becomes tender, remove the pieces from the broth and grill it. Reserve the remaining broth for later.
5. You can grill it using charcoal or griller. Set it aside onced cooked.
6. Make the sauce: Reheat the pot with broth and add the cornstarch slurry. Let it simmer over low heat until thickened. Season with salt to taste. Turn off heat.
7. Pour the sauce on top of the grilled spare ribs. Garnish with toasted sesame seed and chopped spring onions.
Serve and enjoy!