If you have an extra can of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail 825g from the holiday celebration. You can use it for this recipe.
Reserve the fruit for dessert and just add chilled all purpose cream and 1/2 can condensed milk. Voila! You have an instant fruit salad dessert.
And of course use the cocktail syrup for your Pata Hamonado! Another twist you can try for your Pata Hamonado recipe. Yummy recipe you must try!
PATA HAMONADO WITH FRUIT COCKTAIL SYRUP
1 kilogram pork pata (pork hocks)
½ cup soy sauce
1 cup fruit cocktail syrup (or 236ml)
whole black pepper
2 bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
2 pcs star anise (or cinnamon stick)
toasted sesame seed, garnish
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. In a pot of water, boil pork pata until it becomes tender for about 2 ½ hours. Drain water.
2. Then add in, soy sauce and fruit cocktail syrup and let it marinate without heat for about 30minutes.
3. Also add star anise or cinnamon stick, black pepper and bay leaves.
4. After marination, let it cook over low heat until the sauce becomes thickened.
5. Cover pot and cook for about 30 minutes or more.
6. Season with salt and sesame oil to taste. Turn off heat.
7. Garnish with toasted sesame seed upon serving. Enjoy!