A decadent dessert, a chocolatey puddingy, molteny chocolate cobbler. Another keeper recipe you shouldn’t missed.
Then serve it hot with generous scoops of french vanilla ice cream drizzled with homemade salted caramel sauce. So mouthwatering..
For some who doesnt have Self rising flour, here’s an easy substitute:
Substitute for Self Raising Flour (Sifted)
2 cup (120g) All-Purpose Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Cobbler Recipe
- ½ cup or 1 stick butter (113g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300g)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups self-rising flour (230g)
- 1 cup full cream milk or whole milk (240ml)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Cobbler Topping:
- 2 cups granulated sugar (400g)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (60g)
- 3 cups boiling water
- vanilla ice cream (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add butter into a 9×12″ baking dish and let it melt in the oven. Then, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, flour, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish on top of the melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- In another bowl, stir 2 cups sugar and ½ cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the batter as a topping.
- Pour the boiling water over toppings. Please DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is set. The bottom of the cobbler will still be a little loose. Let cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving to let it set.
- Serve it with vanilla ice cream in top! Enjoy!
Makes 4-5 servings