Another seafood twist menu you can try in menudo. You can call it Squid Menudo or menudo without a pork. Just remember that squid can only take a total of 3 minutes to cook, otherwise it can turn into rubbery texture if overcooked. Just follow the instructions below to make sure the squid are cooked just right. Happy cooking!
½ kilograms squid, sliced (cleaned and ink removed)
3 pcs Hotdog
2 tbsp Liver spread
2 bell pepper, sliced (red and green)
2 Potatoes, cubed
1 medium Carrot, cubed
1 cup green peas
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pack Tomato sauce (250g)
salt and pepper, to taste
½ tsp sugar
3 pcs bay leaves (dahong laurel)
1. In a pan, saute onions, garlic and squid with bay leaves for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and just remove squid. Set aside.
2. Continue to saute the onions and garlic. And then add the hotdogs until cooked.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes and green peas.
4. Add liver spread. Season with a little sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Toss and turn until well combined.
5. Add little water and let it simmer to cook the vegetables.
6. Once the carrots are tender, pour in the tomato sauce and add bell pepper. Cover pot and simmer.
7. Uncover pot and then add back the cooked squid, stir and let it cook for 1 minute. (Do not overcook squid).
8. Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!