Chicken stewed in coconut milk and veggies such as squash, string beans and finger chillies. Healthy, creamy and delicious chicken lutong bahay menu that everyone will surely love. Try it today!
Ginataang Manok at Gulay
1 kilo chicken, cut in serving size
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ kalabasa (squash), wedge
¼ sitaw (string beans), sliced
2 cups coconut milk (kakang gata)
1 tbsp ginger (luya), peeled and sliced
2 pcs green finger chilies (siling haba)
1 tbsp bagoong or patis
salt and pepper
1 cup All-purpose cream
1 cup water
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute onions, garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat oil/margarine and fry chicken and until it becomes brownish. Then add back the sauteéd garlic and onions.
3. Pour in water, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Then add in coconut cream/milk, finger chillies, squash and string beans. Continue to simmer until squash becomes tender about 15 minutes.
5. Add in all purpose cream, let it simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce becomes thick.
6. Season with bagoong, salt and pepper.
7. Turn off heat. Serve hot with chili garlic on the side and enjoy!