If you want an easy version and Filipino style Chicken Teriyaki. You got to try this simple and easy “lutong bahay” teriyaki style chicken using breast fillet. Its also good if you grill the chicken first or otherwise fry it. Both taste good either way. Happy cooking!
Chicken Teriyaki with Mushrooms
½ kilograms chicken breast fillet, sliced in thin portion (serving size)
1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
1 cup water
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp sesame seed, toasted
2 tbsp spring onions (dahon ng sibuyas)
salt and pepper
1. Season chicken fillet with salt and ginger. Let it stand for 10minutes. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry the chicken fillet until it becomes golden brown.
3. Continue to cook chicken and add the mushroom slices. Saute them together and cook the mushroom.
4. Add in vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and water. Let it simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
5. Season with sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Turn of heat. Transfer into serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.
Serve and enjoy!